Head of Global Demand Generation
- Company: Guinness World Records
- Location: London
- Closing Date: 27 October 2021
If you have a disability we will try our best to make reasonable adjustments to remove any barriers to this post in the application / interview process due to a disability.
About Guinness World Records
What's the fastest game bird in Europe? This was the question that inspired the founding of Guinness World Records back in 1955. Starting with a single book published from a room above a gym, GWR has grown to become a global multimedia brand, with offices in London, New York, Beijing, Tokyo and Dubai. Today, we deliver world-class content, not just through books, but via TV shows, social media and live events.
Our in-house consultancy works closely with brands and businesses around the world to harness the power of
record-breaking and deliver award-winning campaigns and business solutions – engaging audiences, creating captivating, shareable content and telling authentic stories that generate genuine media impact.
Whatever the medium, our ultimate purpose is to make the world a more interesting,
fun and positive place.
Head of Global Demand Generation
Permanent - Full time
Reporting to HQ in London, but can be based anywhere in the UK
About the role
Demand Generation as a discipline is at a relatively early stage in its adoption at Guinness World Records and we're looking for a self-starter to accelerate our efforts. Reporting to the SVP Consultancy and to our headquarters in London, this role will devise the overall demand generation strategy for GWR's B2B business, with a particular emphasis on nurturing inbound leads. The role will develop best practice for marketing at every stage of the buyer journey, devise the programme of activity for executing against the strategy, and work in partnership with regional sales and marketing teams to oversee its adoption and execution. The role will be a key player in the optimisation of the company's main acquisition point, the GWR website.
• Devise and document the overall demand generation strategy for GWR's B2B business. This work will be conducted in partnership with the SVP Consultancy, who will champion the strategy with regional leaders, sales and marketing teams.
• Plan the global programme of activity to deliver against the strategy, take ownership over its execution and responsibility for results, working in partnership with regional marketing teams.
• Work with the Head of Digital Technology and the Brand and Product Marketing teams on the development of the user journey for B2B audiences on the GWR website, including specific B2B pages, and the record application process.
• Take ownership of GWR's Pardot implementation, with responsibility for continual monitoring, maintenance, and improvement.
• Support regional offices in their usage of Pardot for various campaigns and nurture paths, including taking a hands-on role in building and optimising various engagement programs.
• Liaise with the VP Operations on any proposed process improvement changes and the best way to implement these.
• Represent marketing on the Consultancy Leadership team and continually educate the team and the wider business on the role of marketing.
• Work with the Finance and Analyst teams on development and reporting of marketing KPIs.
• Manage one direct report, with responsibility for their career progression.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent
• 6+ years' experience, preferably in a demand generation role at a company with a high volume of inbound leads, and from a diverse customer base.
• Pardot specialist certification preferred, certification within another Marketing Automation system will be considered.
• CRM experience essential, Salesforce desirable
• Ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships; confident presenting to, persuading and influencing stakeholders at all levels
• Assertive in character
• Willing to take a hands-on role, as well as a strategic one
• Experience of leading a website optimisation project is highly desirable
• International experience required, experience of the China market desirable
Please note, we will only respond to applications with CVs attached and while we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.