BPA Operations Analyst
- Company: Phoenix
- Location: Wythall
- Salary: £38,000 - £45,000
- Closing Date: 16 April 2021
If you have a disability we will try our best to make reasonable adjustments to remove any barriers to this post in the application / interview process due to a disability.
£38,000 - £45,000 + Bonus & Benefits
Wythall, South Birmingham (B47 6WG)
As one of the UK's Top Employers we've brought together businesses with long, successful histories and many strengths. More than ever, people need help and guidance from a company which is simple to deal and who they trust. And that's where you come in.
Phoenix Group is building a thriving and growing open business. Bulk Purchase Annuities (BPA) has been identified as a key driver of this growth. To achieve this, we are seeking a BPA Operations Analyst to join our operations team at an exciting time, as we shape our proposition and the way we work to support our growth ambition.
The purpose of this role is to support the successful onboarding of new transactions, as well as to assist with the operational oversight of an ever-growing portfolio of business. A combination of data analysis, documentation and organisational skills, are the core skills required for this role. The ideal candidate will also have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with and influence a variety of stakeholders across the business and externally.
• The analysis of insurance and reinsurance contracts to determine and document the contractual obligations of PLL and its counterparties.
• To analyse complex pension datasets, in conjunction with benefit specifications and contractual documentation to identify the administration and valuation requirements.
• To produce high quality documentation for wide range of stakeholders, to clearly articulate the administration and valuation business requirements of insurance and reinsurance agreements.
• To provide support to BPA installation activity by providing technical guidance and undertaking reconciliations of outsourcer reports against expected results, including payroll reports, valuation extracts and reinsurance reporting - ensuring all reporting is accurate and fulfils PLL obligations.
• To proactively identify emerging issues with the delivery of complex BPA arrangements and to develop pragmatic solutions to ensure all obligations are complied with.
• To develop and produce management information (MI) to support the oversight of BPA performance.
What We're Looking For
• Excellent written and verbal communications, with the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and requirements to wide range of stakeholders.
• Excellent data analysis skills with experience of working with large and complex datasets
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Knowledge of Bulk Annuities, Defined Benefit Pensions or Longevity Reinsurance.
• Experience of reviewing and interpreting contractual documentation.
• Experience of working in a project or change environment.
What We Offer
Bring your 'whole self', skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we'll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We'll ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we're a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It's our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people's stories, our values and our commitment to diversity.
Online Interviews and Onboarding
All our interviews, onboarding and new joiners are now managed remotely. We have in place a strong virtual support network to ensure new colleagues are supported and developed as they navigate their first few months with us.
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We've businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife's market leading Guaranteed Over 50's plan?
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
Closing date: Friday 16th April 2021.