- Company: British Medical Association
- Location: London
- Salary: £22,722.98
- Closing Date: 28 September 2020
If you have a disability we will try our best to make reasonable adjustments to remove any barriers to this post in the application / interview process due to a disability.
Fixed term contract (until end of January 2021)
Part time (24 hours per week)
Salary: £22,722.98 per year (for FTE 0.6)
An opportunity has arisen for an editor to join the BMA`s communications department on a fixed term contract until the end of April 2021. Our ideal candidate will be able to write and edit accurate, engaging and on-brand copy, with a particular focus on email newsletters. Experience with Dotdigital software is strongly preferred.
The successful candidate will:
- create and send email newsletters. As well as writing and editing copy to tight deadlines, this entails managing schedules and liaising with multiple stakeholders
- deliver editorial services including proofreading and copy editing, ensuring copy adheres to house stylex and is consistent in quality and tone of voice
- support the wider department as needed, including building other email campaigns.
This is a fixed-term, part-time role - three days a week (24 hours per week). You will work from home initially, with the option to work from BMA House in London when we return to the office after 1 Jan 2020.
In return, you will receive:
- 27 days` holiday pro rata, plus 1 company day and public holidays (pro rata )
- double-matched pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- additional flexible benefits.
Diversity monitoring: We need your support. We want to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the equal ops data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we`re encouraging a diversity of people to apply. Thank you very much.
You will be working remotely, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website.