Proposition Governance & Reporting Manager
- Company: Phoenix
- Location: Edinburgh
- Salary: Up to £55,000
- Closing Date: 27 September 2020
If you have a disability we will try our best to make reasonable adjustments to remove any barriers to this post in the application / interview process due to a disability.
Up to £55,000 depending on experience
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
Our company and industry are transforming at a time when customer needs are more complex, the marketplace is becoming more competitive and our regulators more demanding. A robust governance framework is crucial and not a set of restrictions, but a platform for Phoenix Group's continued success.
Playing a key role within our Proposition Governance & Reporting team, you'll help ensure we meet the expectations of our customers and our regulators. You'll support our Proposition and Investment Solutions departments in doing the right thing for our customers, keeping them at the heart of everything we do. You'll help design and operate an effective governance framework that provides insight into the experience of our customers and their needs; allowing us to identify and address issues sooner, while supporting our business to deliver faster and with positive customer outcomes. You'll play an important part in transforming our culture, working cross-functionally to promote responsibility for managing conduct risk.
• Supporting the design and operation of effective proposition and investment solutions governance frameworks which mitigate the risk of material loss to customers and shareholders associated with the misrepresentation of our propositions.
• Providing integrity to the proposition through the operation the framework, balancing the need to manage risk with delivering business results.
• Supporting the imbedding of propositional concepts such as the customer outcomes framework and the customer needs based segmentation.
• Carrying out assurance testing and producing well-reasoned reports detailing findings and actions as agreed with senior stakeholders.
• Supporting the operation of Conduct Risk and other forums.
• Delivering internal reporting, including conduct risk reporting and business risk profile reporting, demonstrating a clear understanding of proposition and unit linked investment risk and control environment.
• Developing processes and controls within proposition and influencing the implementation across teams.
• Identifying, resolving and escalating risks and issues in a co-ordinated manner with others, both within proposition and investment solutions, and across other parts of the business.
• Keeping up to date with, and understanding the impact of, relevant regulatory developments.
• Carrying out ad hoc requests or investigations and providing technical support to other business areas (internal and external)
• Managing a number of activities at once and deal with the time and resource demands that exist in a high-priority work environment
• Working collaboratively with department and wider business to ensure the governance framework is operating effectively.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
• Firm understanding of financial products and their supporting processes.
• Knowledge of the regulatory environment and risk management frameworks.
• Skilled communicator and influencer, you know how to engage others across the business to achieve your goals, and you're comfortable dealing with senior decision makers.
• Excellent understanding of the current business, regulatory and customer environment.
• Ability to analyse complex and ambiguous scenarios and deliver with sound judgement.
• Ability to evaluate risk and design efficient mitigating controls.
• Experience of building effective relationships and influencing at all levels.
• Ability to think strategically and see the big picture, combined with a focus on performance and delivery.
WORKING FOR STANDARD LIFE ASSURANCE: PART OF THE PHOENIX GROUP
When you join us your rewards and benefits will be one of the best in the market - It's a great way to look after your future. Core benefits include a salary reviewed annually with performance related bonuses, generous holiday entitlement and pension provision, and healthcare. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestylexx – in and out of work. Together, we have a lot to look forward to.
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
Closing date: 27 September 2020.